Calling all bakers!
The smells, tastes, and delights of the Christmas season are almost here!
Fresh pine, bright cold air, and the heavenly aroma of gingerbread wafting through the house…
what better way to celebrate than to join us in a delightfully fun Gingerbread House Contest!
We will be hosting this charming event on December 9th at the First Presbyterian Church, Glendale. You can drop off your festive gingerbread houses from 9-11 a.m. on the 9th and allow your friends and neighbors to enjoy viewing your magnificent creations when we open to the public from 11:00 am- 3:00 pm so they can cast their votes for you!
To register, you can download the PDF, fill it out, and drop it off at the church or next door at the manse.
You can also request a copy, and we can email it to you,
or feel free to copy and paste the registration information below into your email, fill it out, and email it back to us at:
Adult (16 and over)______
Limit of 10 per category.
Name of contestant or team leader __________________________________________
Address ________________________________ email ______________________________
Phone ____________________ Title of entry_______________________________
Please tell us about your entry! What inspired the design, what materials you used, any prior experience with baking? This will be displayed along with your entry for viewers to see.
I have read the rules and conditions _ Signature _____________________________________________
For more information
1. All entries are to be of original design.
2. All components of the entry must be edible, exclusive of the base.
3. The base must not exceed 18 inches in width and length.
4. Drop off entries on December 9th between 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. at the Church House. You may use the circular drive in front for unloading only. Please pull in counterclockwise.
5. You may have until 11:00 to edit, touch up, or repair your entry. After 11:00, no alterations may be
6. Voting and public viewing will take place between 11:00 and 3:00 p.m.
7. Announcement of winners will take place at4:00 p.m.
8. Entries may be picked up immediately after the awards and no later than 6:00 p.m. Any entries remaining after 12:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 10th, will be discarded.
9. Please note that the worship service will be held in the sanctuary on Sunday, Dec. 10th at 10:30 a.m. and the church house will not be open until the service has concluded. You are more than welcome to attend the service!
10. Do Not Touch signs will be provided, but the church is not responsible for any damage sustained
during the viewing/voting time.
11. Photos and award winners will be posted to our website https://www.firstpresbyterianglendale.org,
Instagram and Facebook.