The first sanctuary, now functioning as a venue for coffee hour and fellowship dinners, was built in 1860. The current sanctuary was dedicated in 1873. The interior of the sanctuary experienced a significant redesign in the postwar era.
The manse, located next door to the church, was built in 1891. The structure was substantially remodeled and renovated in 1933.
At present, a major window renovation project is underway in the church sanctuary. Several ‘rose windows’ have been removed and relocated to Lynchburg, Virginia where they will be set in new frames and undergo other repairs. It is expected the windows will be returned and set in place by December 2019.
While First Presbyterian has a substantial and proud history, we anticipate a bright future by God’s grace as we advance the good news of God’s saving love in Jesus Christ in word and deed.